The Manchester Unity Welfare Trust Board has funds invested in accordance with the Trustee Act 1956 and the income thereof shall be paid to such charities registered under the Charities Trust Act 2005 or the Incorporated Societies Act 1908 and exempt from income tax by Inland Revenue.
The Trust will consider grants in accordance with it's aims which is to provide care, services and support for the elderly in Christchurch and Canterbury as shall at the discretion of the Manchester Unity Welfare Trust Board be deserving of assistance and in such proportions as shall be decided by the Board.
- 'elderly' is defined as 65 years of age and over and projects submitted must be exclusively for benefit of that group.
- If any successful grant application includes any staff costs of project coordination costs, then any funding approval for these costs will only be for one year.
- if any successful grant application includes any contribution towards rent, then any funding approval for these costs will only be for one year.
1. Organization applying
2. Contact Person
3. Elected Officers
4. Aims and Objectives of the Organisation
5. Detail of Project for which Grant Application is being made
Application to be supported by quotes from suppliers (if applicable).
6. Describe present work/services currently provided to support aged care in Canterbury
7. Information to be provided with application
8. Application process
- Trustees of The Manchester Unity Welfare Trust Board will meet annually to consider all applications received.
- Applicants may be required to provided additional information to support the grant application.
- All applicants will be notified of the Board's decision.
- A report providing details on the progress of the project and outcomes to date must be provided to the Board by 31 January in the year following the grant payment.
- If a grant is approved for the specific purpose as set out in the application form and the funds are not used for this specific purpose or if the final cost of the project is less than the grant approved, then the grant or surplus of funds will be required to be repaid to The Manchester Unity Welfare Trust Board.
- All advertising material prepared for the project is to feature The Manchester Unity Welfare Trust Board logo as sponsor of the project.
- Applications and supporting documentation may be uploaded to our website www.muwelfaretrust.org.nz or alternatively can be forwarded
The Manchester Unity Welfare Trust Board
PO Box 29 189
Email: [email protected]